What if I don’t have internet at home?
A: No problem. Having an internet connection is optional. Your Ezlo network works all the time, even when your internet service goes down. Of course, without the internet, you will not have remote access outside your home, however, the system will continue to work.
You can still locally manage your Ezlo hub, even without an internet connection. Just connect your PC, Mac, or other web browser enabled device to one of Ezlo’s network ports, or connect to the controller wirelessly. Ezlo’s built-in wireless comes pre-configured, so if you have a wireless / Wi-Fi device, you will automatically see our network and be able to connect to it.
You can now reach the Ezlo dashboard by opening a web browser and pointing it to the IP address released by the controller to your computer:
- Right-click on the Windows ‘Start’ button
- Select Run from the context menu. Type cmd and click OK
- Type ipconfig /all in the (black) command screen and hit enter.
- Scroll to the Ethernet Adapter Ethernet section
- Look for the Physical Address. This is the ethernet address of the wired network card connection.
Macintosh (Mac OS X):
- Select ‘system preferences’ from the Apple menu at the top-left of your screen
- Click ‘network’ from the system preferences menu
- Choose ‘Ethernet’ from the list of interfaces on the left and you will see the IP address of your ethernet card.